Trilateral Research Ltd, is a leading London-based multi-disciplinary research, consulting and technology development services company. Our teams collaborate across social sciences and technology development, deriving insights that support data driven innovation. We deliver bespoke, multi-disciplinary services to clients in the public and private sectors (including European Commission-funded H2020 innovation projects).
Software Engineer, Data Analytics (multiple vacancies)
Trilateral’s technical team is hiring a data analyst for implementation, development, and testing of our technology and services. This role requires a combination of software and algorithm development for data analytics and visualisation. This position is based out of our central London office.
Desired skills and expertise
- Desire to develop software solutions for data analytic applications covering pattern recognition, behavioural, sentiment, and predictive modelling for large datasets
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing, natural language processing, and machine learning
- Experience working with data visualisation and dashboard designs
- Hands-on experience with C/C++, scripting languages, and debugging/development tools
- Experience working in a Linux based environment and open source projects
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Pluses include experience in server/back-end development, high performance computing, and/or agile software methodologies
- MS or BS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent field
- 1-3 years of industry experience
- PhD preferred but not a pre-requisite
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. All applications should be marked specifically as “application for data analyst position”. We will process applications on a rolling basis and earlier candidates will be considered first.
Data Analyst Internship
Trilateral’s technical team is hiring a data analyst intern for implementation, development, and testing of data analysis tools. This role requires a combination of software and algorithm development for data analytics and visualisation. This position is based out of our central London office.
Scope of internship is to develop data analysis tools
The intern will be part of Trilateral’s technical team developing data analysis tools. We envision that most of this work will be done by participating in machine learning competition such as https://www.kaggle.com/ with includes engaging with the open source community. Below we have list some of the areas that is relevant for the internship:
- Required Technical Skills: being able to develop tools for task such as automation, data visualisation, and UI/UX interfaces in various scripting languages (Python/R/Ruby/Bash)
- Familiar with using some of Python’s data analysis packages such as scipy.signal (http://scipy.org/), Scikit-learn (http://scikit-learn.org), mlpy (http://mlpy.sourceforge.net/), MILK (http://mlpy.sourceforge.net/) to analyse the combination of structured and unstructured data collected from heterogeneous sources
- Familiar with data analysis using some standard methids like supervised classification such as Support vector machines (SVMs) or K-Nearest Neighbors (KNNs) and unsupervised classification such as Gaussian mixture models (GMMs) or K-means
- On-going enrolment in studies related MS or BS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent field
- Attending or have attended some courses related to digital signal processing, statistics, machine learning, data management, software design and methodologies, and UNIX/Linux operating systems
To apply, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be marked specifically as “application for data analyst Internship position”. We will process applications on a rolling basis and earlier candidates will be considered first.
Research Analysts (Multiple positions available)
The successful candidate(s) will have expertise in one or more of these data-related fields:
- Issues associated with the social impacts of open data, data analytics, big data, open government and eGovernment.
- Issues of privacy, trust, surveillance, risk, impact assessments and security as they pertain to cutting-edge innovative developments in new and emerging data technologies.
- Skills and expertise in conducting impact assessments, including; privacy and ethical impact assessments, socio-economic impact assessment, risk assessments, etc.
The post-holder will be expected to liaise with project partners across the EU and internationally and to deliver high quality research and project outputs in a collaborative and supportive research-intensive environment.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Performing research work related to current projects, writing reports or sections of reports and developing other deliverables as required to fulfil contractual obligations.
- Researching and writing content for grant proposals and tender submissions.
- Writing content for peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters, as part of projects, or as an outgrowth from projects.
- Attending and/or presenting at conferences and workshops, involving occasional travel outside the UK.
- Provide support for broader team activities, including social media activities, web updates, client management, etc.
- Candidates will have or be near to completing a PhD and have research experience related to data-driven innovation, security, privacy, data protection and other issues (mentioned above) in relation to new and emerging technologies.
- Candidates should have very strong, demonstrable writing skills and preferably will have already published papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidates should be based in the UK.
References are required, and salary offered will be commensurate with experience. When you submit your enquiry, please include your salary requirements.
Click here for the Jobs.ac.uk vacancy listing.