We are delighted to introduce the STAR GDPR training material.
As a result of the collaboration between the Law, Science, Technology & Society research group at VUB (https://lsts.research.vub.be/), the Hungarian data protection authority NAIH (https://naih.hu/) and Trilateral Research, as part of the EC funded project STAR, we have developed a set of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) training materials.
The format and content of the materials are based upon research into the needs, requirements and best practices of GDPR training.
The materials are intended to take some of the work out of preparing GDPR training, for data protection authorities, data protection officers, and anyone else involved in data protection training in the EU.
The topics covered by the STAR materials are:
- Topic 1 – Introduction to the European Union Data Protection Regime
- Topic 2 – Purposes and legal grounds for processing personal data
- Topic 3 – The rights of the data subject and their exercise
- Topic 4 – Responsibilities of data controllers and processors
- Topic 5 – Role of the DPO
- Topic 6 – Role of the DPA
- Topic 7 – Technical and organisational measures
- Topic 8 – Risk-based approach to data protection
- Topic 9 – Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Topic 10 – Data Protection Communication
- Topic 11 – It’s not just the GDPR – GDPR related laws and special provisions
Freely available, it can be re-used, altered, adapted and shared under a Creative Commons CC BY. This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon our work, even commercially, as long as they credit STAR for the original creation.
In this first video – David Barnard-Wills, Research Manager at Trilateral Research, talks through the aims and objectives of the STAR project, as well as the findings from the exploratory interviews we conducted with EU data protection authorities and data protection officers about their training activities and training needs.
This second video demonstrates how to access the STAR training materials.
This third video talks you through how you can adapt the STAR General Data Protection Regulation training materials for your own training needs.
STAR is co-funded under the European Union under the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme.
The research developed in this project has posed the basis for the STAR II project, which aims to tackle lack of awareness about the GDPR implementation, by creating several awareness-raising tools and campaigns targeting SMEs throughout Europe and overseas.
For more information please contact our team.